Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities are becoming a more secure way to work from home. Medical coding and billing jobs combine the security and high pay of healthcare jobs with the freedom and flexibility of a work-at-home job. When you make extra money with Work-at-Home medical coding and billing Jobs, you will be enjoying the best of both worlds. Now, the question is: would you like to make extra money from medical coding and billing and still work from home? (see our affiliate disclosure below. This is a promotional post). In this post, we will give you all the scoop you need to take advantage of the boom in Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities in the United States.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities: Make Extra Money from Home
- You can work from the comfort of your own home and enjoy the flexibility and freedom working from home brings.
- Enjoy iron-clad job security from booming healthcare, plus millions of baby boomers offer huge earning opportunities.
- High paying income potential from healthcare jobs, with many people making $56,000 on average per year.
- Once you learn medical coding and billing, it’s yours forever; nobody can take it from you and you get to make a good living off of it forever.
- Medical coding and billing opportunities are projected to grow 22% until year 2022.
- There is a huge shortage of medical coding and billing professionals. This shortage is projected to increase to 53%.
- No certificate is required for employment. “Certification is not always a prerequisite for employment”.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities: Make Extra Money from Home with Career Step.
Career Step is an online school providing professional internet-based career education. The school focuses on helping students to quickly gain important career skills needed to succeed in rapidly changing labor market.
For more than 20 years, Career Step has trained well over 85,000 students in the United States and around the world, offering online educational programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology space.
Career Step educational programs are offered 100% online. The school is dedicated to helping every student graduate successfully and transition to a profitable career path.
All Career Step students can expect the following online training opportunities;
- Shorter training period – Course completion within 4 months!
- Flexible, Convenient online training – You can expect 24/7 access to all online program materials. Students have the flexibility to study at their own time.
- Professional, world-class courses – You can expect a professionally developed and proven online course.
- Post-graduation job search guidance – Career Step offers job search assistance to students after graduation.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities: Work-at-Home Jobs FAQs
Definition: What is medical coding and billing?
Medical coding and billing is the process of translating information from patient records—treatments, tests, procedures, and diagnoses—into the standardized codes used to bill patients and third-party payers such as insurance companies and Medicare.
Work-at-home outlook: What is the job market for medical coders and billers?
The U.S. Department of Labor’s 2014-2015 report on the medical records and health information technology field, which encompasses both medical coders and medical billers. The report predicts:
- A growing job market as industry employment is projected to grow by 22% from 2012 to 2022. In addition to these new jobs, there will also be open positions as people retire or leave the profession.
- A high demand for coding services, sustained by an aging population and the increasing number of tests, treatments, and procedures.
In addition to this growth, there is also already an existing shortage of medical coding professionals. This shortage is estimated to be about 30% and is expected to increase to at least 53% with the industry’s shift to ICD-10.
What is ICD-10 and how has it affect the medical coding industry?
The change to ICD-10 has intensified the need for medical coders nationwide. With Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to stand out in the job market and excel in this field.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities
If I work from home, how much can I earn as a medical coding and billing professional?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report—encompassing both inpatient and outpatient medical coders and billers—states that the middle 50% of professionals in the field earn between $25,570 and $42,170 a year.
However, it is important to remember that as you gain credentials and experience, your earning capacity increases. Industry organizations have published the following average salary information.
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)This recent survey reports the average coder salaries by credentials offered by AHIMA. Career Step graduates are eligible to sit for the CCA credential directly after graduation.
CCA certified coders have a reported annual salary of $40,196.
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)This recent survey is more focused on outpatient coding and reports that entry-level, certified coders earn $34,551 annually, while those who have earned the CPC credential (which Career Step graduates are eligible to sit for directly after graduation) earn an average of $45,347 annually.
Do I have to be certified to work from home?
The Career Step courses are specifically designed to prepare students for national, entry-level coding certification exams, even though certification is not always a prerequisite for employment.
The exams most commonly taken directly after graduation by Career Step graduates are the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Although graduating from a Career Step medical coding and billing training program does not automatically award you a coding credential, the courses are specifically designed to help you gain the foundation and skills you need to earn the appropriate credentials, and you will receive a voucher to take the exam of your choice upon graduation (a $300 value).
In a recent Career Step survey, 90% of respondents who had taken a certification exam after graduation from Career Step’s training programs reported passing the exam and earning their credential.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities
What are the advantages of training online with Career Step?
Career Step has been providing quality healthcare education for over 20 years, and we’ve trained over 13,000 medical coding students since 2004. Our online training format allows you to study at your own pace and on a schedule that fits your busy lifestyle.
Our Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS course was built by experts who have decades of experience working in and teaching medical coding to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in this field, and you’ll also be trained on ICD-10-PCS codes, which can help you stand out to employers.
Career Step’s program has been evaluated by the largest professional association in the industry and they determined that program graduates are well prepared to earn their credentials and start working at entry-level medical coders.
With Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program, you’ll train on the CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS code sets.
Most entry-level coding programs don’t include training on the PCS code set, so this will help you stand out to employers. You’ll graduated prepared to earn national certification and start working right away.
To work from home, what kind of skills and experience do I need to enter the Career Step program?
In order to be admitted, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED). There are no specific skills or experience that are considered prerequisites for entry into the Career Step training program.
How is the Career Step program structured to make it easy to work from home?
The Career Step program is offered entirely online, providing 24/7 access to all material and allowing you to progress through the curriculum on your own schedule and at your own pace.
The program is broken into modules, or course subjects, and has been designed by experts with decades of experience working in and teaching medical coding. This experience has led us to a 3-part program design:
- Foundations – This first section of the program will teach you things like computer fundamentals, the health information management process, and reimbursement methodologies to ensure you thoroughly understand how medical coding fits within healthcare and have the basics down.
- Biomedical sciences – In order to correctly assign codes, you’ll need a good understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, pathophysiology, and pharmacology, and this section of the course teaches all of that from a coding perspective.
- Code training – This final section introduces you to all of the different code sets and teaches you how to use them. You’ll practice coding actual medical records and reports (provided by our employer partners) and use the 3M encoding software so you have lots of hands-on experience and graduate ready to earn your credential and start working.
We’ve specifically designed this medical coding training program to ensure you gain exactly the skills you need to start working as a medical coder, and with our applied PCS training you’ll stand out to employers.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities
If I want to work from home, what type of student support does Career Step offer?
Career Step student support includes access to:
- Student Support Instructors and Advisors have professional experience in the industry and are uniquely qualified to answer questions about both the curriculum and the industry. They provide timely answers to questions about the program material and offer a number of personal consultations throughout the training to help students master important concepts.
- Technical Support Advisors are knowledgeable, experienced, and available six days a week to help you work through any technical or computer issues encountered within the training program.
- Graduate Support Advisors help you transition to the workforce after graduation. Your Graduate Advisors will help prepare the best resume, develop solid interview skills, and teach you valuable job search techniques.
Though the course is entirely online, you’ll never be on your own. Career Step’s student support team is available to offer personal, ongoing support all the way through the training program.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities
How long does it take to finish the course if I train from home?
The Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program includes 640 hours of curriculum.
Since the program is completely self-paced and the online training format allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students.
Some students are able to complete their training program in as little as 4 months (working on the course full-time, 8 hours a day 5 days a week) and others, who are more limited in the time they can devote to the course, take longer (for example, students who can devote about 20 hours a week may finish in about 8 months).
Every student who enrolls in Career Step’s Professional Medical Coding and Billing with Applied PCS program receives an initial 12-month period of enrollment.
Though the programs are designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, you’ll have a full year to complete your training. If you need extra time to complete the course after your initial one-year enrollment, we have 4-month extensions available for purchase.
Work at home jobs: How do I find work after graduation?
Career Step offers personalized, post-graduation resources for your job search, including:
- Personal consultation with a Graduate Advisor
- New job opening notifications
- Personalized interview tutorials and training
- Individual resume and cover letter review, tips, and advice
- CCA or CPC certification exam voucher upon graduation (a $300 value)
- Access to Career Step’s help hotline for a full year after graduation
These resources offer the personalized help you need after graduation to transition to the workplace.
With this individualized help and attention, the majority of our graduates are hired within a few months of graduation.
Medical Coding and Billing Opportunities: Conclusion
Work at home medical coding and billing opportunities are booming currently, and they are also the wave of the future. Baby boomers and a graying labor force will require excellent medical care, which will in turn create exciting work at home medical coding and billing jobs.
Combining the security and great pay of healthcare jobs with the freedom and flexibility of working at home, medical coding and billing opportunities offer a rewarding career path. An online course from Career Step will help you to break into the booming work-at-home medical coding and billing job market.
Credit: Career Step and How We Make Money Online
Work at Home: Related Information
120+ Non-Phone Work From Home Jobs https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
100+ Work at Home Jobs for Beginners https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
20 Non-Phone Work from Home Jobs https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
15 Work From Home Jobs That Pay Benefits https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
30 Work at Home Jobs That Pay Weekly https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
Bluehost Affiliate Program 2018 Click Below for Full Details:
How to Start a Blog https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
Best Recurring Affiliate Programs https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
How to Make Money Online https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
Legitimate Work from Home Jobs Hiring Now https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
Amazon Data Entry Jobs from Home https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
20 Live Chat Jobs from Home https://www.howwemakemoneyonline.com/…
Affiliate Disclosure: All emails, social media shares, all communications, blog posts and all content on our website and outside our website may contain affiliate or partner links and or offers at all times which may result in compensation to us. Click here to read our full affiliate disclosure page.We only recommend products that we and our families would love to use and or believe will benefit our readers and subscribers. Thanks for your support.
Medical coding and billing references;