Work at Home for a Ski Resort
Work at home for a ski resort. Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts. Vail Resorts is aggressively hiring Work from Home agents.
According to Wikipedia, Vail Resorts, Inc. runs four ski resorts in Colorado (Vail Ski Resort, Beaver Creek Resort, Keystone Resort, and Breckenridge Ski Resort), three in Lake Tahoe (Heavenly Mountain Resort, Kirkwood Mountain Resort, Northstar California), one in Utah (Park City Mountain Resort in Park City), one in Vermont (Stowe Mountain Resort), one in Minnesota (Afton Alps), one in Michigan (Mount Brighton), one in Wisconsin (Wilmot Mountain), one in New South Wales, Australia (Perisher Ski Resort), one in British Columbia (Whistler Blackcomb), and a summer resort in Wyoming. They also own luxury resort hotels throughout the world. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange, symbol MTN. The company is headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado.
This is What You’ll Do
As a Work From Home Travel Agent, you will book customized vacation experiences for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned mountain resorts via inbound calls from the comfort of your home. Inbound calls from our guests interested in booking an Experience of a Lifetime at one of our world-class mountain resorts will be received by the At Home Sales Agent. Each call presents you with the opportunity to create an epic vacation experience and receive commission as you build it. This is an ideal opportunity for the self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants a career at the largest mountain destination company in the travel and hospitality industry.
This is What You’ll Need
- Minimum six months’ experience working in a sales capacity with performance metrics/goals with the ability to work well with people, overcome objectives, and sell products or services.
- Must live in the Salt Lake City area in Utah, with the ability to attend three weeks of initial onsite training including up to three overnight stays in resort during a three-week period.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously, and troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Minimum six months’ experience in the travel agent industry
- Experience working on a base salary plus commission compensation structure
- Prior experience working from home
- Past virtual training experience, which required the completion of self-paced modules
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- A passion for skiing/snowboarding or familiarity with Vail Resorts’ mountain resorts
- Vacation planning experience a plus
- Candidates who are proficient in Spanish will receive additional compensation for this desirable skill!
Technical Job Requirements:
Vail Resorts is pleased to provide some of the technical hardware equipment required to perform this role including virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, speakers and networking cable.
Final Candidates must provide the following:
- Dedicated landline (cellular phones, or VoIP phones are not permitted)
- High-speed wired internet connection (wireless is not permitted)
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
- Candidates must be able to confirm that you have current accounts for both landline and wired internet before being considered for a final job offer.
This work-at-home position requires that the candidate be available to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required during peak business periods such as the month of January. Hours will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays.
And This is What You’ll Get
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Receive a complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members to ski or snowboard at all of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated resorts.
- Receive discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at some resorts.
- Work 6 or 7 months out of the year, and receive traditional benefits, such as health insurance and 401K.
- This is a Winter Seasonal position with an hourly base pay PLUS commissions. The average total compensation is $15/hr. Last year, top performers earned over $20/hour!
If you can’t see the application, please go here